monday . . .

12.21.2009

Busy, busy, a weekend full of family & holiday :) I am now just trying to play catch-up a bit & give this blog a little attention :) I worked away last night on some DT work for Imaginisce - these Polar Expressions papers are just so adorable, aren't they??? I'll admit, I used this pic before but it was with a few others & it was not given the proper attention it deserved because it is one of my absolute favs of Ryan - so here goes :) I am a big fan of circles these days & love the overlapping of these:



Here is a close up of the "o" I created using the AWESOME I-top tool, a clear snowflake, and a button tied with string - love playing with the little details on a layout :)


Also - I came up with a sketch of this for those of you looking for a little extra inspiration these days - enjoy :)



I haven't forgotten about my promised recipe so here goes -

Sauce Rosee (from Allrecipes.com & tweaked by me)

6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
7 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon chicken soup base
1/2 pound cheese tortellini
6 fluid ounces heavy cream

(FYI - I typically triple this for a meal for 4 - 6 people - don't worry any leftovers will go - sometimes I add more garlic - but I LOVE garlic - also when tripling I don't always increase the chicken soup base accordingly - sometimes it ends up being to strong if you triple that part of the recipe - I would add some & taste - then add some more if needed)

  • In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add basil, thyme, oregano, parsley and dried red pepper flakes; stir together.
  • Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are transparent; add tomato sauce and bring to a boil, stirring well. Add chicken bouillon and stir.
  • Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  • Reduce heat, add cream; bring close to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower and let simmer for about 10 minutes - take off the stove and let it thicken a bit. Add pasta and serve.

  • I make this all the time & it is always well-received. You can totally make it a day ahead & just warm up - although I wouldn't make the tortellini until right before you are serving the meal. I usually serve it with green beans sauteed in olive oil (add in some shallots/onions, garlic, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning, salt & pepper) and a tomato-mozzarella salad. Yum!!!! Let me know if you try it :)

    ttyl - julie

    8 comments:

    1. beautiful layout.. love the detail on the O.. and thanks for sharing the sketch!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Stunning as always Julie! Loving your "o" and that photo is too adorable not to scrap a few times!!!
      Merry Christmas~

      ReplyDelete
    3. LOVE that LO and I can totally see why you needed to scrap that photo again. It's adorable!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love that sketch! It would be great for a Mickey Mouse photo, too! The first thing I thought was of MM's ears.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love the sketch... I used it for a page tonight that's posted on my blog.
      http://kim-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2009/12/cricut-e-scal-stickles-true-love.html

      ReplyDelete
    6. love the lo, love your blog and LOVE your music list. I have left your blog on and been listening to it over & over again! Missin Grey's!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Great sketch! Just posted a LO I did based on it...
      http://paisleypetalsblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/mischief-my-minds-eye-feeling-groovy.html

      Thanks for sharing it with us!
      Karen

      ReplyDelete