sunday . . .

2.07.2010

We are snowed in!!! Well, not quite anymore - we have done lots of digging out in the past couple days :) It began Friday night - here is Justin & I getting ready to plow the driveway & neighborhood . . .



Saturday morning this is what we woke up to . . .




And it kept snowing, all day & early evening Saturday!!! Ryan & I did some baking to pass the time :)



Then we played a bit in the snow :)



In all we ended up with a little over 30 inches - insane for our area!!! And another 6 - 12 inches expected by Wednesday - ahhhhhhhhh!!

I haven't spent any time scrapping this weekend - too much time shoveling and playing and baking & drying wet clothes :) I am definitely scrapping tomorrow night though!!! I am in creative withdrawal!!!

I do have a little scrappy goodness to share though - Pam from My Creative Scrapbook sent me this BEAUTIFUL kit for February - totally jam-packed with awesome papers & TONS of embellies!!!



Here is my sketch for February . . .



And here is my take using the February MCS main kit . . .



I did a little misting on the chipboard included in the kit for the title work . . .



And I added in a bit of stitching - love these patterned papers by Making Memories!!



Have a fabulous Sunday!!
ttyl - julie

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout! (The snow is lovely too, though I'm sure the shoveling wasn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn blogger... lost my comment!! Try it again..

    I wanted to say, I LOVE that LO of Ryan and Justin. Just such a sweet moment to preserve!! But then, I really truly do love all you make!

    As for the snow, I can totally empathize with you. Tho it has been awhile for us up here. I live just over the border from the Twin Cities in WI. We haven't had snow like that since Halloween, 1991. That year, we got about 3 ft. dumped on us. Then 3 weeks later, another 2 ft. Hasn't happened since!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie you layout is awesome. Such a sweet picture of your guys.
    We had 18" of snow (southeastern PA)
    and it's C O L D !!!
    Good scrappin' weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch - you have definitely been in a circle mood as 3 out of the last 4 Iʼve seen have had circles in the background!!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful weekend pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Julie!!! I love how you did the title and as always, your stitching is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another awesome page Julie. Love it lots and love the snow too:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch and layout Julie! About the snow ... I don't suppose you could UPS it up to out mountains here in Vancouver could you? The Olympics start on the weekend and we're a tad short on the white stuff here!! LOL!
    Enjoy your snow days!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at all that snow! So glad it missed us here in western NY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the layout! gee, wish you were in my neighborhood to plow us out! We are in Purcellville and got about 30 inches too, we love it tho! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow can't beleive all that snow. We get nothing like that in the UK (thankfully) Love you layout Julie and another fantastic sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout Julie!We are in Ontario and so far, had only about 5cm of snow...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Julie! Love your layout and the sketch too! Looking forward to using this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sketches! I used to follow you on 52 Sketches, 52 Weeks. Are you still hosting contests for your sketches?
    Julie L.
    jaleon40@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous layout! Love the title and the stitching. Your sketches are soooo awesome!!! Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how much snow you guys got, Julie! That's incredible. What a fun layout- I am going to miss your sketches at CMD but will keep following you here :)

    ReplyDelete