monday . . .

10.03.2011

Seriously - bad blogger award over here - I mean nearly a month since my last post???  What have I been up to . . . well mostly taking care of these 2 :)


Photobucket


Oh and a bit of household reorganizing, a redesign of my scraproom (just beginning this process but super excited!!), a photography class, a web design class, and losing a bit more of this baby weight (only 12 pounds left to go - total weight loss to date, 71 pounds, yes I gained 83 pounds with this pregnancy - let's not talk about it - hah!!).  Anyways - I haven't been doing as much scrapping as I would like but I know everything will fall into place soon enough.  So excited for the chilly weather & the holidays heading this way!!!  Anyone else experiencing any chilly fall weather????


Although I have lots of past projects that I still need to share here - I thought today I'd focus on a fabulous opportunity I was given by My Little Shoebox to be there guest blogger this past Friday.  I used their adorable Playtime collection & came up with this . . .


Photobucket


I thought the Playtime cardstock stickers were super cute & used them to embellish both circle elements on the page.  In this close-up you can see both the sun & cloud stickers.  To add some texture, I decided to emboss the clouds using my Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots embossing folder.  By adhering the sticker to some cardstock beforehand it ran through the Cuttlebug super easy!!


Photobucket


Although I love pre-made embellishments, it is always fun (and economical) to create your own.  In the close-up below I took one of the elements from the Playtime Daydream paper and cut it into a ribbon pennant shape.  Then I simply added a toothpick adhered with some glue dots behind & voila - instant embellishment!!


Photobucket


Oh & of course, a sketch to get your creative juices flowing :)


Photobucket




My Little Shoebox will be running a challenge with this sketch - head HERE to find out all the details so you can play along!!!


Be back soon with more (promise not to wait a month) - hope everyone is doing well out there!!!


ttyl - julie :)

8 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures of your super cute boys!!! Thanks for the sketch. I am always excited to be inspired. Wonderful layout as well, but that goes without saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, there are times that life gets in the way of our little hobby!! :) Those are some super cute boys you have there!! Love the photos. I saw your page at MLS!! congrats!! It is an adorable page!! Early November, we are getting together with one of Greg's coworker's and his wife for lunch to talk photography! She is a photographer.I am feeling just a little intimidated! A LOT actually!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you post again! I have been following some of your creations at Jillibean and SEI and they are terrific! Oh, your boys look so adorable together in their fall hoodies!! Love the LO for MLS! Thanks so much for sharing the sketch too. I'll be doing this one for sure! Congrats on your GDT spot! Hopefully the cooler weather will give you a little more time for scrapping. Can't imagine how you young moms ever get a chance to create. I remember being so happy to steal an hour or two for cross stitching after I would get my little daughters to bed at night. I would look forward to it all day. Enjoy these days though because they are over too soon. :( Now I just have my little dogs to entertain in the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how much time 2 little ones suck out of your daily life compared to just one? Congrats on the weight loss! It took me a year and a half to lose my 45 pound weight gain! As usual, LOVE your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you are doing an excellent job getting the weight off. That is quite an accomplishment. Your boys are adorable! What a blessing they must be. I love your layout. Always do....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of your boys and the dreaming layout! Great job on the weight loss! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout Julie! I know exactly why you haven't been posting...too much studying and homework! I can't believe you are taking two classes at once, photography is plenty for me!

    Enjoy those cute boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are adorable! congrats on the weight loss - woot woot!! great sketch and gorgeous layout!!

    and yes, your layout just has to have a Canadian item on it ... :) last month, I just used one brad ... this month, it was everything ... :)

    thanks for playing along and good luck! :))

    ReplyDelete