tuesday . . .

11.08.2011

If I had influence with the good fairy,
I would ask that her gift to each child
be a sense of wonder so indestructible
that it would last throughout life.


-Rachel Carlson

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I love quotes, I mean L-O-V-E them - and finding just the right one when you need it is just the best ever.  I ventured into this little store the other day called The Paper Source.  It is like an adorable little paper boutique (although it is a chain), with stationary, cards, calendars, & crafting supplies.  Don't get me wrong, I love my local scrapbook store & the online stores I frequent - but this was a totally different experience :)  I found a few things but what I was most excited about was a book of quotes called Love Life.  I highly recommend it for yourself or for a gift :)  


I have been working very hard at getting my scrapbook from reorganized.  It really had become quite a disaster & it was impossible to find anything.  I still have a few more things to put away & I need to label all my drawers so in a few weeks I'll have lots of pics to share & some organizational ideas :)  While cleaning I realized I never shared my last assignments for SEI - oops!!!  So here they are . . .


First up, a fall layout featuring their Homestead collection.  Love the rich autumn colors in this line & such gorgeous patterns!!!


Photobucket


Check out these awesome die-cut leaves - I stitched over the embossed veins to add some fun texture to the layout :)


Photobucket


I also used this versatile collection along with last year's Spooks collection to create this fun Halloween layout . . .


Photobucket


The scallops peeking out are actually border strips from the Spooks line :)


Photobucket


And how cute are those pumpkins???  The Spooks collection is actually on sale for 30% at the Sei store - check it out HERE.


Photobucket


My final layout features the gorgeous Silver Lake collection.  I loved the mix of greys, maroon, and kraft together :)  (That's my younger brother with Ryan!!!)


Photobucket


Check out these cute vintage style die-cuts from the collection . . . 


Photobucket


I had these Maya Road wood snowflakes just itching to be put on a layout.  The chipboard circles were cut from a Sizzix die & backed with an assortment of SEI patterned paper.


Photobucket


Oh & my sketch for October . . . simple in design but great to showcase a 4 x 6 or even 5 x 7 photo :)


Photobucket


Thanks so much for reading!!!


ttyl - julie :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts! I especially like "Dashing Through the Snow" - so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!!!!! I really like the sledding page too! The photo and the paper go so well together!!! I have to work on learning how to use my PSE better to better edit my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Sizzix die did you use for the circles? I've been looking for a good one, but without being able to see the die and a lot of places being
    out of stock, I'm having trouble finding one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO's. I have already been stalking you on the SEI and Jillibean sites. ;) Love the stitched detail on the leaves in the first LO. Sweet Halloween LO and the last LO is soooo striking!! Thanks for another great sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous girl! I love how you can take such a simple design and make it SO fabulous - looove the title of that last layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love the dashing layout! It is fun and the look on your man's face it wonderful!! TFS
    Christa Uttley
    http://dowhatyoulove-maxadriane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete