monday

9.02.2013

Ah, the start of a new school year!!!  Busy & hectic times but happy to be back in a "schedule".  We have a first grader in this house . . .

 photo school3_zps1f5966ba.jpg

Doesn't he look so old here??  I had to snap another - this looks more like my little guy here - full of that cheesy grin :)

 photo school2_zps810f790d.jpg

And I have one more headed to school this fall - preschool that is - Nicholas had his meet & greet this week.  He was able to meet his new teacher & classmates this past Wednesday.  He just LOVED the classroom & all the fun stuff in there!!!  He seemed really excited - although a bit serious in this pic right before we headed there . . .

 photo school1_zpsd21dbfdb.jpg

So I will have three mornings a week to myself - what??  It's been almost three years since I had any regular kid-free time - I can't really remember what that's like.  I suppose I will be headed to my old hangout - Barnes & Noble - coffee and laptop time!!!  I have an online class I am starting in a week so it will be great to have that time to work on stuff :)

And, this is MY TIME of the year - I love fall and winter.  I'm so excited it's September finally :)  If I could just get rid of this hot, humid weather we are currently having.  I need some cool air, falling leaves, and fireplaces crackling away :)   (It is very possible we decorated for fall & Halloween today - crazy I know - we couldn't help it - September is here!!!)

I had a chance to dive into some Fancy Pants Designs goodies this weekend!!  My first layout features their Memories Captured collection.  I just love the color scheme of this line & the fun vintage embellishments.  I snapped this pic earlier in the summer when we had gathered with cousins.  This is of the boys making our red, white & blue strawberry treats - check them out HERE.

 photo capturedfp600_zpsfb413832.jpg

I kept the photo small, and layered lots of fun embellishments around it.

 photo capturedfpcu1_zpse8227a17.jpg

Here is a close up of my journaling.  I simply typed it out on vellum and then adhered it to the page by machine stitching along the bottom.

 photo capturedfpcu2_zpsa196f977.jpg

My second layout features the Down by the Shore collection.  Such a fun, bright color palette!!

 photo summerfp600_zps860c1868.jpg

I used one of their title pieces for my own title.  Tucked behind the title and photo is a Silhouette cut file meant for a 3 x 4 card.  I simply enlarged it and then machine stitched down the paper to the vellum.  I then added a number of the adorable fish rub-ons and a few sequins.

 photo summerfpcu1_zpse5a20e18.jpg

I kept the journaling simple and just stitched down the side to attach it to the page.  You may also notice the cluster of buttons in the middle of the pics.  I stitched down each button with twine :)

 photo summercu2_zps2c572fc1.jpg

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!!  Have a great week & thanks for stopping by :)

6 comments:

  1. Such sweet photos of the boys and Ryan looks so grown up. Can't believe he is off to grade 1 already. Hey, I decorated for fall last week on a 31c day! I too am so wanting fall and yet it is another hot day here. Love your Fancy Pants pages. I bought the Memories Captured collection. Can't wait to cut into it. Have fun with some alone time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is very informative and helpful. your writing efforts is impressive. Your card is so beautiful and button touch is great idea. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Now it's time to get interior demolition for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very detailed explanation was provided on this topic. I really appreciate your good handmade art. It is amazing and a great idea to decorate with buttons. Keep sharing more designs with us. Now it's time to get https://phxcarsservice.com/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent erudition Providing by your Article, thank you for taking the time to share with us such a nice article I like your all photos cards is amazing . Now it's time to get Best track suits for men for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice kid. Amazing content to share. This is what I am impressed with the writers point of view. Keep sharing more articles. Now have a look at Pakistan Flood Relief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Please keep me updated in this article. I definitely share this blog with my friends. Now its time to avail https://boisecabservice.com/"> for more information.

    ReplyDelete