busy with bedtimes & birthdays

1.15.2014

Yes, you read it right :)  We are busy over here with bedtimes & birthdays!!  After just finishing up celebrating Ryan's birthday at the end of December, we were on to my father's and then Nicholas'.  December & January are busy months for us!!  My plan was to move Nicholas into the bed the week after his birthday. Yes, I know, he's turning three, and in a crib.  Not to mention he fit the crib end to end.  But he never tried to get out & he liked it & all mommies know how much easier it is when the kiddos are confined to a crib :) Less worrying about rolling out, or getting stuck in the crack between the wall and the bed, or running around in the middle of the night :)  Unfortunately, Ryan put our plans in fast forward as somehow he managed to break the front of the crib Saturday morning.  Nicholas' crib had a small front portion that folded down when taking kiddos out and then pulled up & clicked shut on either side with latches when putting kiddos in.  Don't ask me how, but he not only broke one of the latches, but also a chunk of wood came off - BOYS!!!  Anyways, we spent the day safety-proofing the room for any late night wanderings and getting the bed ready.  This little man LOVED it & did so awesome - YAY!!

 photo blog2_zpsabd901b0.jpg

The next day we celebrated his birthday - Mickey Mouse style!!

 photo blog5_zpsc1f71844.jpg

 photo blog3_zpsd360ceb0.jpg

And of course a birthday of my boys wouldn't be complete without some lego building :)

 photo blog4_zpscb66f478.jpg

Amidst all the celebrations, I have tried to squeeze in some scrappy time :)  Finally I was able to get my Project Life cover page done.  I recently purchased the Cocoa Daisy Day in the Life January kit and used it to start my album.  I loved the mix of colors against the black & white pics.  Unfortunately as I was looking through my photos, I realized the ONLY family pic I had was from Halloween - totally sad!!  And we are not even all looking the same direction :)  Classic!!  Anyways - I still used it, along with 2 of my favorite pics of the boys.  I kept it pretty simple - which by the way is my goal for the year with Project Life.  I didn't stress about non-rounded and rounded corners.  My favorite card is the yellow one.  I added some hand-stitching and those gorgeous October Afternoon script alphas!!!  A little bit of tone on tone action :)

 photo titlepagenew_zpsa9bbec20.jpg

I shared a sneak peek of this layout last week - but here's the full reveal!!  This is my first layout with the January Noel Mignon Fresh Start kit.  For details you can head over to the blog post HERE :)

 photo seven600_zpsf0ff7a41.jpg

I will be posting this Thursday at Noel Mignon on my Project Life organization and tips so be sure to stop on by :)

5 comments:

  1. I read this post. It's about bedtime and birthday. I really enjoy this article. Keep sharing your content. Now it's time to avail shutters in birmingham for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the mix of colors against the black and white pics. Unfortunately as I was looking through my photos. Thanks for sharing this blog. Now it's time to avail Locksmith in Leeds for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these images that you have shared in this article. Happy to read that Ryan turn into three. Keep sharing Ryan daily routine with us. Now it's time to avail Windows Installation Services In Marion County FL for more information

    ReplyDelete