thursday . . .

6.16.2011

Photobucket

It's funny - I was so excited for us (J & I) to get away - a break from the kiddos - an overnight escape. It was freedom, for any better word - as you mothers out there know, being a mother means always being responsible for another person - always helping, always worrying, always caring, always being there - and as wonderful as it all is - it is exhausting too. So to get away, even just for 24 hours was an exciting event to me & I don't think I felt this relaxed in a LONG, LONG time . . .

Photobucket

(Yes, I bought an Instax & it is just pure fun - love it!!!!)

Photobucket

Forgive my lack of self-timer skills - chopped off half my head :)

But the next day, when I returned to be with this one . . .

Photobucket

and this one . . .

Photobucket

well, being home felt even better :) It is so easy to get bogged down with the day to day, and to come back to it - even one night refreshed - well you can see things so much more clearly :) And the welcome home from these too - well - I felt like a million bucks :) Love my two little men :)

Being a slacker in the blog department . . . I have 2 layouts that are totally overdue being posted :( Sorry!!!

First up - some Watermelon Gazpacho from Jillibean Soup - this line is AWESOME!!!! Love how between a few sheets of patterned paper & embellies from the collection, I was able to create this fun Fourth of July layout :)

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the title work - featuring my most favorite corrugated alphas ever!!!

Photobucket

LOVE all the new Pea Pod die-cuts & those kraft mini alphas are so fab!!!

Photobucket

Wait until you see all the other NEW Jillibean goodies coming out for CHA - they are RIDICULOUSLY FABULOUS - I mean it (and I am not just biased because I'm on the team - seriously WOWZER kind of stuff people) :)

Looking for some sketch inspiration???? Well this month's SEI sketch is up - full of multi-pics & these fun little pennant embellies :)

Photobucket

Here is what I came up with using their I'm An Athlete line - a GREAT sports themed collection people :)

Photobucket

Here is a quick close-up - love the tickets and die-cut stars from the collection :) See those cute pennants - just took some of the die-cuts and added a toothpick to the back - voila - instant pennant embellie :)

Photobucket

I haven't seen any pics of SEI's new collections yet, but I'm anticipating some WONDERFUL new collections - can't wait!!!

Speaking of NEW collections . . . have you seen this . . .

Photobucket

or this . . .

Photobucket

or this . . .

Photobucket

or this . . .

Photobucket

or this . . .

Photobucket

A new collection coming out this summer at CHA - a collaboration between Amy Tangerine and American Crafts - so fun - totally right up my alley kind of scrapbook supplies - I know I will have to have 2 of everything - better start my Christmas list early :) HAH!!!

Before I go, I am excited to share that I will actually be attending CHA this year!!!! This has been a dream for a LONG time - I have always wanted to go & it has (for one reason or another) never worked out - but thanks to Jill I will be able to attend this year - SO EXCITED!!! A bit nervous though, I have never traveled alone - so this will be a first - anyone else going??? I'd love to meet up with anyone who's going to grab lunch or do some perusing of the new CHA goodies :)

Oh - and I am SUPER excited to be guest designing in August for a manufacturer that I have LOVED, LOVED LOVED since way back when I began this hobby (or obsession - hah!!) - can't wait to be able to share with all of you soon!!!! Hope all is well out there :)

ttyl - julie :)

8 comments:

  1. First, Congrats on the GDT spot!!! Your work is always fabulous! I am so glad you enjoyed your night away. We Mama's need to do that every now and then (except it is LONG overdue here!). Love the pics of your boys!! You sure can tell Nicholas and Ryan are brothers!!! They are adorable! I spotted that wonderful LO on the Jillibean blog or FB page!! LOVE IT!! I love the sketch as well. I am really liking the pennants! I think I need to try that one!

    Have a fabulous weekend!! Happy Father's day to Justin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instax just looks like so much fun and it is definitely on my WANT list. I agree getting away is nice but coming home is even better.
    Great photos, great layouts. You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful sketch and layouts as usual! Can't wait to see any sneaks on the new Jillibean lines.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these LO's and such a great sketch with the little pennants. The boys look soooo cute! That smile on Nicholas just melts my heart. He has grown so much. I'm enjoying all of your work with the Jillibean team. I am seriously sad that my LSS has decided to not stock Jillibean or October Afternoon. I guess I should start ordering on line. The tags that come with the Jillibean line are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your GDT spot. They are truly lucky to have you!

    Great to hear that you will be at CHA: If I am allowed to fly (I will be 5 months pregnant) I will be there too! Hope to finally meet you in person!
    Big hugs
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layouts! Isn't it great to get away and be just you+me with DH? I love doing that - and it makes coming home to the little guys that much sweeter. Enjoy CHA, there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, you and Justin are such a good lookin' couple! And your kids are beautiful! I love those pictures! What sweet smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layouts! Especially love the first one--the colors, the design, how you used the tags...

    ReplyDelete