friday

8.25.2012

Only 2 full days left until this little guy starts Kindergarten . . .

Photobucket

I can't believe it has been 5 1/2 years since this kiddo entered my world :)  It seems like just yesterday :)  What will it be like without this little man by my side every day???????????????  I can't even imagine it . Ryan is super excited to begin his new school & learn all kinds of new stuff but I know there is a little bit of worry too - although he is not saying it.   We attended his orientation just the other day and although he was a bit nervous at first, he left so happy :)  I'm not going to lie, mommy is a bit fearful over here.  Just hoping I can hold back the tears to after I've dropped him off :)

Of course I'll still be busy at home with this little guy . . .

Photobucket

He is just growing, growing, growing.  But, still not quite walking on his own completely.  Yes he is 19 mths & yes that is late, very late.  But he does love to walk, just only if he is holding your hand.  We had our first session the other day with a physical therapist to help get him where he should be with the walking and low & behold he took 20 steps at once all by himself!!!  That little sneak, hiding his walking abilities :)  Since the he has been surprising us with his new found abilities here & there.  It is so funny to actually see him walking on his own.  But he only does a bit & then fusses for mommy to hold his hand :)  And I'm not gonna lie, usually I'm a sucker for the tears :)

And me, well tired as usual, but I think that is just all mommies, right???  I have been doing some scrapping, both for assignments & just for my own fun :)  We had a fun week of scraplifting members over at Noel Mignon a few weeks ago.  Here is a layout I created lifting a page by Teresa Gillman using the Noel Mignon August West Coast kit.

Photobucket

These adorable kraft butterflies were actually little butterfly pennants but I flattened them out & created this little butterfly banner :)

Photobucket

Loved this gorgeous pink doily in the kit . . .

Photobucket

Oh & a close-up of the "pull-out" journaling card.  I have wanted to tell this story for a while now & the West Coast kit had just the right ingredients . . .

Photobucket

  Photobucket

Okay now I know a lot of my readers like sketches so guess what I have . . .  a sketch for the August Sketch Challenge over at Noel Mignon!!!  We have a few entries so far but I'd love to see even more!!! You don't have to use a kit to participate & one lucky participant will win a $10 gift certificate to the store :)  You can find all the details HERE.  Check it out the sketch . . .

Photobucket

Here's what I came up with using the gorgeous West Coast kit, love this pic of my dad with the kids . . .

Photobucket

Creating this last layout was just pure fun for me :)  I say that because I just played around and really didn't think every little detail through.  Abnormal for me :)  Anyways, my little guy is in LOVE with Legos these days & he is so good with them.  It just amazes me . . .

Photobucket

The teal polka-dotted ruffle is really a Studio Calico Fabrip from the West Coast kit.  I actually folded it back and forth, sticking it down as I went on a small strip of cardstock.  This made it easier for me to work with it :)
Photobucket

I loved using these Heidi Swapp polaroid frames for both my pics and text :)

Photobucket

The NEW September Noel Mignon kit, "Evening Stroll" will be up for sale tomorrow HERE  & it is awesome (as they always are) . . .

Photobucket

If you haven't tried Noel's kits you must!!!  I know I am a DT member but I bought her kits for years before I started working with her.  They are jam-packed with so many fabulous papers & goodies.  Many kit clubs have add-ons each month but her kit's are so full you don't need to add in anything more.  I love that there is always such a great mix of alphas and paper lines.  And SO MANY little bits & pieces to add on your pages - which I LOVE!!!!

Be back sooner than later (fingers crossed)!!!


7 comments:

  1. hey Julie...I will be thinking about you this week when your son starts school! and it's okay to cry! I cry every year the first day of school and my oldest is starting his 3rd year of college! haha! big {{hugs}} to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kindergarten, where does the time go? I am going to look forward to seeing a first day of K layout soon.
    Love the layouts here and that sketch looks tempting. I might just have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you in spirit on Monday. Ben starts on the 4th. Him being my last, this is SO hard to send him off!!! I will be driving him. So instead of over 9hrs of him being gone it will be 7hrs a day. My house is going to be SO quiet.

    LOVE the sketch!!! I need to dig for a photo and play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations and an awesome sketch! I have been stalking you at the Noel Mignon site and already have this sketch saved. ;) Good luck to Ryan! I remember it being a hard time for me when my girls went off to kindergarten. I know I shed some tears. On the bright side, they come home and share their new found world with you everyday and it is so amazing. My girls were late walkers too. One at 16 months and one at 18 months but I know where it came from.... me. My mother tells me that I tried walking at 12 months, had a bad tumble and didn't try again until 24 months. I guess I wasn't willing to take the risk. ha ha I guess they all go at their own rate. I know I worried about my one daughter who was slow to sit and never really rolled over as a baby. It is also hard when you get other people who compare. Have a great week and it is okay if you shed some tears with the other moms outside the classroom door. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages, your journaling made me tear up! Butterflies are beautiful, I too believe in those signs! Good luck to your little guy on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I popped over here thanks to a 52 weeks sketch shared at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and was browsing around. Your journalling about the butterflies was really moving and the pages here are beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, I am here because of CKC blog also. Feeling very inspired by your layouts. Wiping tears off from your heart felt journaling. I know the idea behind CKC is to bust your stash, but I am heading over to Noel's site. I just can't stop myself. What you show is beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete