monday . . .

5.03.2010

Hello everyone!!! Hope you had a fabulous Monday :) As I mentioned yesterday, I have a fun reveal to share with you!!! Aphra, the owner of Paper Poppy, asked me if I would guest design for her new kit club & of course I said YES!!!! I have been a BIG fan of her wonderful scrappy talent for a while now & had the AWESOME pleasure of working with her on 52 Sketches 52 Weeks. She is not only a talented artist but has really put together some FABULOUS kits!!!

First up I wanted to share the sketch I created for her - the design has LOTS of layering which I love!!! She is hosting a challenge with it on her blog HERE - be sure to play along if you have time :)

Photobucket

And here is my sample using the sketch - LOVED all these Jillibean Soup goodies!!

Photobucket

As you all know, I LOVE alphas & creating fun title work - the Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas are a personal fave of mine - added a bit of cream paint to them to change the color up a bit :)

Photobucket

Between all the stickers, journaling sprouts, buttons, and patterned paper, I was in layering heaven!!

Photobucket

There was also some FABULOUS GCD Studios paper in the kit & LOVED this color combo of teal, yellow, and white!!

Photobucket

Again with the title work obsession of mine :) The "2" was cut with my Slice from the Prima packaging in the kit & I added a bit of sewing to pull in the yellow.

Photobucket

Close-up on the journaling . . .

Photobucket

Okay - I got a bit artsy on the last one - I always admire scrappers who can do this successfully - I am just playing around a bit with this style but love it. The kraft paper is misted with brown Maya Mist & I just loved working in these FABULOUS Maya Road envelopes!!!

Photobucket

This GORGEOUS bookpaper was included in the kit - perfectly vintage & went so wonderfully with these Prima flowers.

Photobucket

A close-up of the tags I created - finally, broke out the Crop-A-Dile & my eyelets!!!

Photobucket

And last but not least, this altered frame. Simple but I really LOVED how it turned out. Oh & by the way - the frame was totally a $7.99 Marshalls purchase!!! The butterfly chipboard from GCD Studios was covered with bookpaper from the kit & then I created this fun little tissue rosette to layer on top. I wanted some pattern within the plain tissue so I used the butterfly stamp that was included. I cut squares of tissue and stamped the image on each of them. Then I layered about 12 sheets up on a flower Sizzix die & cut them all out. I layered the tissue flowers, folded them in half, and then added a staple to the bottom center. Fold back all the layers & TADA!!! Instant rosette :) I added one of the GORGEOUS GCD Studios buttons to the center and a few pins peeking out for antennae.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks so much for looking!!! Hope you enjoyed these projects & hope you head on over to Paper Poppy to check out this kit!!! It's AWESOME!!

ttyl - julie

13 comments:

  1. Your creations are amazing, Julie!!! Such inspiration here! Can't wait to get my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love love love your work! the design, the colors... everything. always so much joy here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I love your style, it is really fresh and fun. I made some flowers using your directions from the post underneath. Super cute. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie these are just beautiful. I love all of your creations! You are the queen at layering and you have such a great eye for detail!! You are so inspiring!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as usual!
    I need to know from which company the small alphas on the first layout are. The one you worte "always" with.
    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it all Julie, especially your "artsy" layout & altered frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome projects Julie love that sketch I will for sure be giving that one a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie,
    You do such amazing work! I was recently blessed with a blog award and I'm now passing it on to some of my favorite bloggers. You are so creative and inspiring! I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your blog. I feel like a know you because you are so candidly honest in your posts. Your award is waiting for you over on my blog. Enjoy and be blessed!http://scrappinjulie.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award-from-archiving-angel.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE your work - great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh just gorgeous! The colours of the '2' page are really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Julie, these layouts of yours are all WONDERFUL!!! Loved the last one - what you did with the tags - AMAZING GIRL!!! I loved it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely full of inspiration, Julie! Still love seeing all your creative juices pouring out here! Hugs, Amie

    ReplyDelete