sunday

8.04.2013

As I was getting ready to create a layout for my Friday post at Noel Mignon - I realized how disorganized all my photos are :(  I use iphoto and have them in albums created automatically when they were imported.  However, I think I need to go in and label with dates and events.  Any suggestions on photo organizing??? Any programs that work really well for this??  I was super frustrated because in moving some files from an external drive to my hard drive - I lost all the dates & thousands of photos got lumped into one huge album.  I wanted to scrap some pics of Ryan at the boardwalk in Ocean City from a few years back, but for the life of me I had a time remembering exactly when they were from.  Hence the need to really get my pics organized!!  I don't want to go through this every time I scrap my old pics :(  Anyways - enough about my disorganization :)  Here is the layout I created from the pics I mentioned & the new Noel Mignon "Our Summer" kit.  Full of fun, bright colors - this kit was perfect for my pics and so much fun to work with!!!

 photo boardwalk600_zpscb1ba3bf.png

When I first laid everything out, I did not have the teal arrow diecut paper behind my photo - but I realized I needed some "pop" behind the photos.  I used an arrow background I found in the Silhouette store HERE.  I also decided to stitch around the photos.  There was a lot of white in the photos, so the machine stitching ended up being a great way to help them stand out :)

 photo boardwalkcu2_zps0eb4a8c1.png

For the title I combined those awesome cork looking Thickers from the kit, along with the "love" cut file from the Silhouette store.  HERE is a link to the file.  I journaled directly on one of the Jillibean Soup banner stickers.  Around the journaling I added some cute tags & stickers from the kit :)

 photo boardwalkcu1_zpsdeaccd50.png

Hope you have a great Sunday!! Enjoy the last day of the weekend :)


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous layout Julie. I love the extra large photo of the ferris wheel. Wish I had advise on how to organize but I just upload from my phone into monthly files using dropbox. I should add dates and events but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page. I always love your photos as well. I don't have a Mac computer. For my photos, I keep my files by month on my computer, also having them at my share site through Shutterfly. After I have a year's worth I burn the whole year onto a disk. I also try to print out all of the ones I think I will use as well. That way, I have three copies, if you will. Mine are a mess too. So, don't feel bad. Not necessarily on my computer, but my hard copies.. my actual prints are all disorganized and I have been procrastinating so bad about fixing them. It is a huge undertaking. They never used to be this way. My computer I need to finish editing and sending them off to print and get last year's off onto a disk and the rest I haven't loaded to Shutteryfly loaded there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I really love this layout! The large photo is so fun, and I love the added texture of your stitching! I have no advice for photo organization either, my are just in random folders on my computer! I also wanted to say thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. I take that as a huge compliment coming from you! :)I have had so much fun playing along with all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete