sunday

8.04.2013

As I was getting ready to create a layout for my Friday post at Noel Mignon - I realized how disorganized all my photos are :(  I use iphoto and have them in albums created automatically when they were imported.  However, I think I need to go in and label with dates and events.  Any suggestions on photo organizing??? Any programs that work really well for this??  I was super frustrated because in moving some files from an external drive to my hard drive - I lost all the dates & thousands of photos got lumped into one huge album.  I wanted to scrap some pics of Ryan at the boardwalk in Ocean City from a few years back, but for the life of me I had a time remembering exactly when they were from.  Hence the need to really get my pics organized!!  I don't want to go through this every time I scrap my old pics :(  Anyways - enough about my disorganization :)  Here is the layout I created from the pics I mentioned & the new Noel Mignon "Our Summer" kit.  Full of fun, bright colors - this kit was perfect for my pics and so much fun to work with!!!

 photo boardwalk600_zpscb1ba3bf.png

When I first laid everything out, I did not have the teal arrow diecut paper behind my photo - but I realized I needed some "pop" behind the photos.  I used an arrow background I found in the Silhouette store HERE.  I also decided to stitch around the photos.  There was a lot of white in the photos, so the machine stitching ended up being a great way to help them stand out :)

 photo boardwalkcu2_zps0eb4a8c1.png

For the title I combined those awesome cork looking Thickers from the kit, along with the "love" cut file from the Silhouette store.  HERE is a link to the file.  I journaled directly on one of the Jillibean Soup banner stickers.  Around the journaling I added some cute tags & stickers from the kit :)

 photo boardwalkcu1_zpsdeaccd50.png

Hope you have a great Sunday!! Enjoy the last day of the weekend :)


5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous layout Julie. I love the extra large photo of the ferris wheel. Wish I had advise on how to organize but I just upload from my phone into monthly files using dropbox. I should add dates and events but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page. I always love your photos as well. I don't have a Mac computer. For my photos, I keep my files by month on my computer, also having them at my share site through Shutterfly. After I have a year's worth I burn the whole year onto a disk. I also try to print out all of the ones I think I will use as well. That way, I have three copies, if you will. Mine are a mess too. So, don't feel bad. Not necessarily on my computer, but my hard copies.. my actual prints are all disorganized and I have been procrastinating so bad about fixing them. It is a huge undertaking. They never used to be this way. My computer I need to finish editing and sending them off to print and get last year's off onto a disk and the rest I haven't loaded to Shutteryfly loaded there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I really love this layout! The large photo is so fun, and I love the added texture of your stitching! I have no advice for photo organization either, my are just in random folders on my computer! I also wanted to say thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. I take that as a huge compliment coming from you! :)I have had so much fun playing along with all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have also observed that your photos are are sometimes not organized. You must try some online tools that will help you in organizing it. Now it's time to avail Outbound Call Center for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I really like your goof photo. This new layout is very amazing. Thanks for sharing this good information with us. Now it's time to avail luxury airport transfer for more information.

    ReplyDelete