tuesday.

9.15.2009

Alright, shame, shame - where have I been????  Busy, busy as always - trying to make my final decisions for my DT Call on 52 Sketches 52 Weeks.  So many talented scrappers & I think I had just shy of 100 applicants, plus many DT members from this term who wanted to reapply. Makes for some tough decision-making :)   My BIG, BIG, BIG news today is that one of my layouts & corresponding sketches has been accepted for publishing in Scrapbook Trends Magazine - I {heart} that magazine so much & am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO honored to have both my layout & sketch in their magazine.  Can't wait to see it in print - my first time!!!  

Also, I actually have some scrappy goodness to share:

This is my sketch sample for my September DT work at My Creative Scrapbook - so many yummy Pink Paislee goodies - love this Amber Road!!  And those Prima flowers - to die for!! The large tree rub-on was just gorgeous - but with the layering I was afraid it would break apart so I actually rubbed it on a transparency & then attached that to my page :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Alright, the second, not the best pic - because of my scanner only doing 11.7" by 12" it gets really tricky to scan layouts that go right to the edge - so, had to take a pic & the lighting outdoors wasn't going my way.  I love Studio Calico kits - they are not always my typical style, but they make me S-T-R-E-T-C-H my creativity - which always makes me happy.  I looked at the SC exclusive butterfly paper & just fell in love!!!!  I actually hand-cut 2 extra butterflies, folded them and attached on top of the 2 middle ones on the butterfly strip - love the effect (see the close-up)!!!  The stitching, well, I could stitch all day long.  I love it & LOVE how it looks on a layout.  Enjoy!!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

ttyl - julie

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful layouts! I LOVE those flowers on the first one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cardboard and the stitching :D

    super congrats on first time being published :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Julie! This is FABULOUS~

    Congrats on getting published - you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Julie!!!! How exciting and so well deserved on being published!! You have amazing LO's and you know I love your sketches!! I love that Amber Road line too!! That is such a beautiful LO!!! I love what you did to the photo of your son!! :) Love the other as well!! It is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! So glad to have found the 52 sketches site and now your blog! I signed up and can't wait to start creating with your sketches!! I'm sure I'll be a regular stalker, I mean fan ;) You have such a beautiful style! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete