thursday . . .

4.08.2010

Hello everyone!!! I am SO excited to share my first GCD Studios project with you. This month, Heidi challenged us to use these gorgeous images, full of pinks, greens, and creams, to inspire our projects . . .

Photobucket

Immediately I was drawn to the feeling of spring portrayed by these photos. I had a picture of my son on a swing with this gorgeous green grassy background that I new would be perfect for this challenge. Now, a color theme involving pink may steer some away from showcasing a boy pic - but have no fear!!!! Pink elements can totally work on a boy layout - I promise :) Check out what I came up with . . .

Photobucket

I used a combination of papers from the Homespun Chic Collection & the Artsy Urban Collection. I LOVE that I was able to find patterned papers within both collections that coordinated so nicely :) I did a bit of machine stitching to tie each patterned paper to the next. I also added another small "pop" of pink in the bottom right-hand corner using a portion of one of the fabulous Homespun Chic inspiration cards, topped with a section of one of the Homespun Chic die-cut borders. I finished this off with one of the adorable Homespun Chic buttons - love the uniqueness of these!!!

Photobucket

For the title work, I knew I just had to incorporate one of the word strips from the Homespun Chic Collection. I love finding products like these that put into words just what we all want to say :) Above the title is one of the GCD Studios chipboard butterflies. I used the Chip Art tool to deboss some flourish images into the shape & then painted it a kraft brown color. To distress it a bit, I sanded the edges & finished it off with a few pearl accents in the center :)

Photobucket

I am all about layering recently, especially embellishments. The Homespun Chic Collection offers numerous choices & I LOVED the look of their recipe card, transparency, and inspiration card all together. A fun little touch peeking out from the top of the photo :)

Photobucket

I encourage you all to use this theme of pinks, greens, and creams on your own spring layouts & if you are feeling a bit adventurous . . . try mixing in those boy pics!!! You'll be surprised at how nicely a "pop" of pink can add just the right touch to those layouts of the boys (& men) in your lives :)

Speaking of GCD Studios . . . interested in winning this fabulous prize???

Photobucket

It's super easy :) First of all - sign up for our newsletter by emailing Heidi at inthestudio@gcdstudios.com . Then, become a follower of the GCD Studio Blog. Once you have done both, leave a comment on the blog post HERE. You have until April 9th (that's tomorrow everyone!!!) so hop to it :) Good luck!!

Have a fabulous Thursday!!!

ttyl - julie

8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, Julie! I love to see pink on a male LO!! I just used some pink in a LO of my nephew today. I love the title work and bottom layered embellishing and well, everything else about this! ;) That embossing tool looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works so well!! Just the right touch! I have used flowers on Ben's, but not pic.. yet... I have some spring photos that I can do that with!!! I love all the special touches that you add to your pages!! This is beautiful, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO and I love the colors in that line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Julie ! Your choice of paper mix is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are always amazing. You combine textures so beautifully!!!

    I just finished a post on my blog linking up my 10 favorite scrappy bloggers and of course you made the list. I thought you should know how much you have inspired me!!

    http://sameoldscrap.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful LO - love the colours!! So fresh and perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the greens on your amazing projects !

    ReplyDelete