tuesday . . .

4.06.2010

** WARNING!!! Picture-heavy post!! ** :)

Hello everyone!!! Hope you all had a fabulous Easter holiday :) We spent the day with family - here's a few pics from Sunday . . .

dying eggs Easter morning (yes I waited until the last minute) . . .

Photobucket

exploring some Easter goodies . . .

Photobucket

having a little sugary snack :)

Photobucket

hunting for eggs at Grammy's . . .

Photobucket

finally - I'm in a pic!!!

Photobucket

Grammy, Ryan & me :)

Photobucket

Okay - on to some scrappy :)

Pam over at My Creative Scrapbook sent me this adorable kit to work with this month - love, love, love the bright, fun colors & all the cute embellies :)

Photobucket

Here is my sketch for April . . .

Photobucket

And here is the layout I came up with using the April Creative kit . . .

Photobucket

The title letters were raw chipboard & I was excited to try this new product I found to cover them . . .

Photobucket

It is super easy to use - just stamp the letters on an embossing stamp pad, cover with the distress embossing powder, shake off any excess powder, and then heat. TADA!!! Totally covered - love that the graininess (is that a word??) makes it look almost like soil - perfect for these outdoor pics!!

Photobucket

I also had fun creating this journaling block. It was a sticker frame that I pop-dotted & then back with a typed piece of patterned paper. The first word ("you") is actually cut from one of the stickers in the kit. Love the contrast of the fonts :)

Photobucket

I will be running a challenge in the MCS forum beginning the 10th so pop over here on Saturday!! Hope to see you all play along :)

I have more to share in the the coming days but here is a sneak peek of a few things in the meantime . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

ttyl - julie

P.S. Julie - ttyl means "talk to ya later" - cheesy I know :)



14 comments:

  1. Oh Jules!! I love the Easter photos!! Ryan is so cute! And I LOVE the one of you and Ryan with that pretty tree in the background. I love the sketch.. multi photos!!! Yay! Your page is adorable too!! I know I have said this before, but I really do!! I just love your scrappy pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love to visit your blog,always with such great pics,new designs and amazing sketches.
    I just posted my last layout inspired in one of your latest sketches http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/04/delight.html
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Easter pics :) The sketch and layout...AMAZING...as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sweet pictures! :) Wonderful LO! Love the colours and all the hand stitching!! Wonderful sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Easter photos!!! (makes me realize I haven't taken enough!), the kit is fabulous with all those bright colors and I just LOVE your layout!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Julie! Love all those cute photos, nice to see you in some!

    Great title work on "The Hunt," what a darling layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics!
    Doesn't Ryan have a really awesome uncle, too? I never see him in pics....what's up with that? =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Easter photos! Your little man is so handsome in his argyle sweater. Great layout for MCS. I'm feeling the need to go find some of that new embossing powder. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the explanation! Great layouts like always! Love to see more!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie,
    How do you take pictures of your LO? They are always straight and never bent on the photo. When I take mine, the original is straight but it comes out bent on the photo. Thanks for sharing your tips.
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything! That title work rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, just love your blog, and you r such an inspiration when my mind has gone blank... Thanks for the grea sketches!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your work! Your pages, photos and sketches are fabulous. I just followed two of your sketches and posted them on my blog. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie! Love to see all your layouts and sketches. I still miss 52 Sketches ;). I wanted to ask your permission to use your sketch in this post as a part of a sketch challenge on Scrap Friendzy. Could you please let me know if that would be ok with you? You can email me: telahwrenn at yahoo dot com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete