saturday . . .

10.17.2010

I have spent so many wasted hours trying to decide about the crib/bedroom furniture for the baby room - I don't know why - it is ridiculous really. I think I am simply not a decisive person . . . I was going to wait until tomorrow to blog - but instead opted to quit staring at the furniture websites & actually try & accomplish something tonight :) We have had such a busy week - trying to get lots of baby arrival planning done - shopping for this & that - organizing the room (which I have barely started) - I can't believe we have only 13 weeks left (maybe even less . . . we'll see!!!) I go to the doctor's on Tuesday & am anxious to see this little one's growth :) I feel like he is having a party in there some days - just bouncing around & kicking & turning. Looking forward to actually "seeing" him on the screen :)

I did splurge today & buy this . . .


Photobucket

It is a Vera Bradley tote that I plan on using for a diaper bag - she actually sells specific sized bags that are considered "diaper bags" but they are more expensive than this & smaller - so I opted for this one. I love the print & since I will be using it on a daily basis, I'm dividing the cost by the number of days I'd be using it & in the end it is quite a steal per day :) LOL!!!

Ryan & I went to a fall festival at Homestead Gardens today - here's a pic of the handsome little devil, growing up so fast . . .

Photobucket

and here he is again - yes he is dancing - my silly guy . . .

Photobucket

Even though we have plenty of pumpkins he always seems to find just one more to bring home :)

Photobucket

I was telling my mom the other day what a unique experience parenthood is - one minute you can be overflowing with how perfect the moment is, how on top of the world you feel from one little thing your child said or did. However two seconds later a child can do or say something in the throws of a tantrum that is so hurtful , so emotionally draining. The yo-yoing can be exhausting - especially now being pregnant . . . what a journey of patience parenting is isn't it?? I hit a bit of a scrappy slump this week - my focus was on the baby (rightfully so) and trying to get organized in that realm of my life. No worries though - I do have a few scrappy projects to share . . .

First up is my Magpie Club sketch & layout!!! Here is the sketch for October . . .

Photobucket

And here is the layout I came up with . . .

Photobucket

Love these Lily Bee rub-ons . . . perfect for the title

Photobucket

More Lily Bee rub-ons used to cover this tag & fab Lily Bee papers punched & layered to create this leaf embellie - a quick pen outline on each really helped to make them "pop"!!

Photobucket

Be sure to head on over the the Magpie Club blog - Tara is running this challenge through the end of November as she will be skipping the November kit due to the upcoming arrival of a new little one :) Hope you can play along!!

I also had a chance to play with some of my Blue Moon design goodies - lots of fun Dear Lizzy Enchanted & My Minds Eye Lost & Found on this . . .


Photobucket

Love these Dear Lizzy tickets & the Jenni Bowlin vellum butterflies!!! Yes, I broke out my machine & did some stitching - I feel in love with it all over again :) It was the perfect touch for this "soft" layout. See those stamped blocks - they are actually just the edge of one of my Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads - love the look of this block border!!

Photobucket

Hope all is well with everyone & thank you so much for the comments you leave - I read every one & they really make my day!!!! Have a fab Sunday - be back to share more soon :)

ttyl - julie :)

10 comments:

  1. Love both these layouts, love your stitching as always and omg they stamped borders are awesome, great idea.

    Your boy is just beautiful, you must be so proud of him, oh i so know what you mean, mydaughter just turned 4 and i swear she was put on this earth just to wind me up, i am sick of hearing me say dont do this, be carefull etc etc why is she not sick of it lol. we had a visit this week to the nurse as she was swinging on our bedroom door after me telling her not to, and she managed to take her big toe nail off omg was awful as you can imagine but she just doesnt seem to realise when i ask her to stop its cos i dont want her to be hurt, Im not just trying to spoil her fun ahhhhhhhh the joys, but i wouldnt be without her, she really is an angel. I cannot believe you only have 13 weeks it seems as if you just got pregnant, and imsure every day you get through is a blessing, take care and happy nursary planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts!
    I [heart} the sketch! And your new bag is totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my Mom a Vera Bradley purse for her birthday but I was super lucky to get it at 75% off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie, you simply amaze me with your talent girl!!! I am so in love with both of these pages and can't wait to try out the sketch. ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

    By the way, I looooooove the rationalization for the price fo the bag (which is SUPER cute!!). I love Fossil purses, which are a little pricey in my eyes, and I do the same thing, lol!!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jules, I so completely understand the parenting thing!! I am completely enjoying my little one. He is so inquisitive...wanting to know everything! Just FULL of questions. We have many "talks" at bedtime. But, yet in the middle of it there are tantrums sometimes. My oldest moved back home. While I love her to death, she drives me absolutely nuts!!!

    I am super excited for you!!! Have fun with the baby's room!!! He sounds like a really active little one!! That is good!!! Ben was too. At the end though, it was quite painful!! It was like he was doing jumping jacks or something!! LOL

    I love love love the sketch and your pages!! I love the soft, subtle colors of the second one. I will have to try that with my TH sponges!! ;) You take such great photos!! I wish there were fall festivities going on in my area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand trying to find all the furniture, bedding, etc, etc! I am so overwhelmed with all of it that I had to push it off to the side and hope it takes care of itself...haha! The exhaustion of pregnancy certainly doesn't help! I'm sure whatever you pick will be gorgeous!
    And love the layout and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie - Love the Magpie sketch and layout! You are such an inspiration! Glad to hear baby is active and healthy, Ryan is so sweet, bet he's getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the END of SUMMER layout...it made me CRY. So very moving Julie!!!

    Parenting and patience, yes my dear, they go hand in hand. Sending you lots of "extra" patience;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again! Just wanted to say congrats on the Doodlebug win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that end of summer layout......great shot, great way to make the pic the focal point
    ava

    ReplyDelete