wednesday . . .

10.05.2010

The past few days . . . well . . . they slipped away from me - had a huge to do list of which very little has been accomplished :) I think I went into a pregnancy induced "coma" of sorts - just crazy tiredness & exhaustion. I did manage to make this recipe for dinner Monday night - it is a fave of all members of my family (yes, even Ryan ate it) and is super delicious. We found it years ago when we did the "low carb" thing - I usually still make some white rice to serve it over (totally defeats the low carb). I also use turkey sausage & lean ground beef to lighten it up a bit. Perfect for cool, fall evenings - try it :)

I am LOVING the onset of fall . . . the other night we made a fire and did some snuggling up while watching a movie . . . this morning I awoke to some chilly weather, which I LOVE!!!! I was able to wear pants & a wrap/cardigan of sorts - love it!!! Speaking of fall . . . looking for a little fall visual eye candy . . . some favorite pics I found over on Etsy. Click on the links below the pics to check them out :)

Photobucket


On the scrappy front . . . I still have lots of projects to share . . .just waiting on reveals on their respective sites. I am finishing up my Magpie layout today - it needs a bit of fixing as I accidently stabbed myself with my needle while stitching a border - never realized it until I later saw the smear of blood across the side of the page. I will have to get creative on covering this up :) Anyways - I do have one layout to share today!!!

Pam from My Creative Scrapbook sent me this fabulous kit for October - full of BoBunny goodies & this awesome mini chalkboard & ruler . . .

Photobucket

Here is the sketch I came up with . . .

Photobucket

And here is my layout using the kit . . .

Photobucket

A close-up of the tags I created out of the library cards on the patterned paper & this layered star embellishment . . .

Photobucket

LOVED this little ruler - perfect to hold my title :)

Photobucket

Oh I I didn't forget - my winner of the $10 in STASH CASH!!!!

. . .

. . .

. . .

Congrats to Precious Memories Scrapbooking - please email me at dailyscrap@gmail.com so I can send out your gift certificate :)

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great projects, as always! :0)

Check back in tomorrow & I will have more to share :)
ttyl - julie :)

7 comments:

  1. I am liking the fall weather here too. We had our first good frost last Sat. night. Ben got up Sunday and thought it had snowed!! Indian summer this week..high 70's and cool nights...love it!!

    LOVE that LO of Ryan!!! That kit is just perfect with those photos!!!! I love all the layers of goodies!! Enjoy the rest of your week. Glad you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I came on your blog to follow it but I saw I`m already a follower :-)))) I adore your sketches and your work! Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. JULIE.. LOVE YOUR LAYOUT!! :) InspirED ME AGAIN! THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute. Like the set of 3 photos and 3 (abc) cards. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!!! Such sweet photos and the layout is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing work you do! I am so excited to get to work with you on Samantha's DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great back 2 school lo - love the tags :D

    ReplyDelete