tuesday . . .

12.21.2010

I thought for sure it was happening today - a few little signs here & there - reminiscent of when I went into labor with Ryan - but nope - still here, baby intact in my belly - oh & did I mention that regardless of how big he is in there - he is still having quite the party. Sometimes it actually is painful the twisting & turning & "partying" he is doing in there - usually late at night - leaving me with maybe 3 - 4 hours of decent sleep at night & days full of a "zombie-like" existence. Ryan, fortunately, has been very understanding of mommy being tired - thank goodness. I dream about labor every night & when I wake up every hour to go to the bathroom - I always wake up in a panic like I am in labor and need to head out the door. Then I realize no, it was a dream, I just have to pee. I packed my bags tonight - well the baby bag at least - I don't even know what I should be packing - I'm sure there is some list online somewhere. You think I would know but it has been 4 years & I am a little bit rusty on all this. A little secret - as much as I am ready for this baby to come, I'm scared - I feel like a first time mom all over again. Like I can't remember anything & I have such anxiety about it all - probably not helping the sleeping either . . . today I am exactly 36 weeks - 4 weeks left of this little one's journey within me. I purposely ordered spicy food for lunch just hoping it might kick this into gear - I'm so ridiculous - all it did was give me some seriously painful kicking from little man. Lesson learned - don't tick off the little one :)

I have been trying to enjoy the holiday season as much as I possibly can, although I'm definitely pretty uncomfortable & could just sit in front of Grey's Anatomy re-runs until this baby pops out :) However, I think Ryan wouldn't be so understanding of that :) We had a great family day Sunday & headed to the diner with all my brothers & sisters & mom & then to Homestead Gardens to take in some holiday beauty . . . here's some pics of Ryan amidst this gorgeous place (btw - new haircut was a little on the short side in the front - oops) . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A bit of holiday baking (or rather eating) in the Bonner house . . .

Photobucket

Decorating some gingerbread people . . .

Photobucket

Bringing home a new friend - Rudolph from the Build-A-Bear store . . .

Photobucket

Oh & this one - the only other female in the house - she's obviously enjoying the rest & relaxation I really need - if only I could learn a thing or two from her :)

Photobucket

Now . . . have I been scrapping . . . well, a bit, here & there. I have finished up all my assignments except one which is waiting to be glued down - hopefully tonight . . . I do have LOTS to share though . . .

In addition to this month's sketch challenge over at My Creative Scrapbook, Pam is still running her BIG sketch contest in the forum as well. The new sketch was posted - check it out . . .

Photobucket

It is due January 20th to be included in the running for this FABULOUS prize . . .

Photobucket

Hope you have time to play along - check out all the details in the forum HERE !!!

In the craziness of life, I missed out posting my sketch for The Scrap Room last week . . . although the challenge is over, you may still want to use this one - a great layout to include multiple pics!!!

Photobucket

Speaking of multiple pic layouts . . . I was featured on the SEI blog today for my December projects using the awesome Kris Kringle line - such a fun mix of patterns :) I created this layout - super simple design & quick easy photo collage to display 4 pics. I can't say enough about the ease of using Picnik - if you haven't checked it out you must, you must!!!

Photobucket

The border punch is by Martha Stewart (LOVE IT!!!). A quick close-up on the layering in the corner - a mix of SEI's fab die-cuts & felt accents - love them!!!

Photobucket

I also created another layout for my SEI December assignments - same line but totally different color scheme :) Love this pic of Ryan "making friends" with our snowman :)

Photobucket

A close-up of some layering - love these glittery stickers, fun die-cuts, and gorgeous felt accents all together :)

Photobucket

Making the title sticker "pop" by adding some black cardstock & a little decorative edge via my old-school border scissors :)

Photobucket

Typically I don't do rhinestones - mostly because I scrap boy pics & they seem to work more for girly. However, I really enjoyed "sprinkling" a few among these snowflakes on the patterned paper - they mimicked the rhinestones on the felt accents perfectly :)

Photobucket

Finally, my last assignment to share tonight & my last assignment to share for BlueMoon Scrapbooking until March. I have taken a bit of time off of some of my assignments to focus on all things baby for the next couple months :) Love this pic - and love the 2 of them - Ryan & AnnaKate (my best friend's daughter) playing with a doll together - our little married couple :)

Photobucket


Used that FAB Martha Stewart punch again & a mix of Basic Grey & Dear Lizzy Christmas. Love the Maya Road sheer doilies - wasn't sure how I'd use them but like how they looked split in half and staggered on either side of the layout :)

Photobucket

Hope everyone out there is enjoying the holiday season . . . found some good holiday songs or versions of traditional holiday songs - check them out at the top of my sidebar (click play).

Be back to post in a couple days . . . (unless I am in the hospital delivering a baby . . . )



ttyl - julie :)

16 comments:

  1. I can completely understand about you being worried because it's been so long since you had Ryan...my girls are 5 1/2 years apart!! Trust me when I say it alllllll comes back though, so you've got nothing to worry about. Plus, you'll be amazed at what an awesome little helper Ryan will be for you! ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures of Ryan and the layouts as usual are amazing. Only 4 weeks to go, WOW that went fast as I remember reading when you posted you were pregnant and all the joy that was felt. Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas my friend. Your son will make a great big brother. My oldest son arrived home yesterday for 3 weeks and it is so good to get our 2 boys back together again. They are 6 years apart, different. . . both good kids and they love each other. You're going to have a great new year! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas dear Julie! I keep my fingers crossed that all will be just fine. I was exactly the same with my DD - taking warm baths, walking tons and tons to inspire her... and then she was 3 days late. I am thinking of you. You are a real inspiration to me. I know that if you could do it, I can do it as well.
    Biggest hugs from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, as always!!! Julie, I have a question about the snowman LO...can youtell me the name of the font you used? I love it! THanks! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replying to your comment on my blog --- I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the birthday wishes and also, what a great birthday that must have been! I absolutely LOVE the Biltmore Estate. I've been about 5 times now and it still amazes me each and every time. My hubby and I went there for my birthday a couple of years ago and it was decorated for Christmas...talk about gorgeous!! I count myself lucky that I only live 30 minutes away from it too. ;)
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules... don't worry about not remembering. I can truly vouch, as well. It DOES come back!! My kids are 22.5, 12.5 and just turned 4. It's like riding a bike. Once baby is here, it all kicks in again. You have great help as well!! Ryan is just a doll, and looking so grown up! No more baby face!! Great photos and pages as well. LOVE that one with him and AnnaKate. It is so sweet! A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julie I felt just like you do when I was getting ready to deliver my 2nd boy and mine too are 4 yrs apart. Of course I always enjoy your work cant believe your doing so well keeping up with the scrappiness in your life. Take some time enjoy the season and your last few days alone with Ryan. Best wishes on your delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you. There's an 8 1/2 difference between my second and third and not only does it all come back, you'll find you're so busy sharing your time, things go on auto pilot.

    I use Picnik a lot, but I have no clue how to print out the collage pictures. I've tried, but I don't know if I'm supposed to size them to a special size or what, but everything I've attempted still ends up chopping off most of the picture. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these latest LO's, as usual!!! So much inspiration here and great sketches too! Such sweet holiday photos and I think the short bangs are cute! :) Wishing you a great holiday and hope you are feeling good during this busy season. It must be challenging to be so far along at this time of year. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new little one in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous pictures of your son!!! I can't believe how busy you are --- not sure where you find the energy, especially without much sleep!!

    Lovely layouts as always!! I adore the Merry & Bright layout -- great mix of colors and an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember feeling that way when I had my youngest daughter - 5 years after my son! It really does all come back again the instant that little one is in your arms. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and speedy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Worry is just part of it Julie, but you will be awesome. Looking at the smiling face oif your son should ease your concerns :) God bless you as you go into new motherhood once more. It is a gift...mine are almost 9 years aprt to the day. It truly was starting over for me. I forgot more than I remembered but it came back to me and I was happy to be mommy another time :)

    Great new sketches and layouts! As always, Deb♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie,
    Thanks for your note on my blog! I loved reading your blog too! It's like verbalizing what I'm also feeling internally. However, I'm in no hurry for our little one to get out. I'm also having dreams that I'm going into labor. Last weekend when our husbands were in Pittsburgh together is when the dreams started for me! I'm also visiting the restroom at least twice a night. Pretty much any time I roll over, I think, I might as well just go to the bathroom before I get comfortable again!

    I keep feeling our daughter kick and I think, "Wow, she's really going to be coming out soon! What will life be like without her squirming around in my belly?!" This Christmas I'll be praying for you and your upcoming delivery. I doubt we'll both be at the hospital at the same time - I think your baby has a faster schedule than mine! But if we are, that would be fun too!

    Love you,
    Bethie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay Julie, the BEST part of this post was the part that said, "I am taking some time off..." Yay for you, I canNOT tell you how happy I was to read that. You have fought long and hard for baby Nicholas; you need to enjoy HIM, you need to REST, you need to just BE. Hugs my friend, I am absolutely thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great blog post! :)

    Great pics and that Rudolph from Build-a-Bear is WAY too cute!! I want one! LOL!!

    That RAK is fabulous - I may have to play along, if I can find my mojo! :)

    Great layouts ... I LOVE the font on the Merry & Bright ... do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete