saturday

4.21.2012

Thank you all so much for you wonderful comments on my last post.  I am feeling MUCH better after now my third ESI.  My physical therapy begins this coming Monday & while I am still wearing the brace to pick up Nicholas & when I do any prolonged physical activity, things are much better :)  Some days I do too much & I feel it but most days I actually feel pretty decent which right now, I'll take it!!!   I'd love to feel completely back to normal but I understand there may always be some discomfort & that I just need to adjust my days accordingly.

This past weekend we celebrated Nicholas' baptism.  It was definitely overdue & he was a big guy to hold over the baptismal water, but it was a WONDERFUL day of close family enjoying one another's company & absolutely beautiful weather!!!

Me & the little guy in his spiffy suit . . .

Photobucket

The fam - daddy looks a bit tired in this one but all the others were blurry :)

Photobucket

Nicholas did not like this part & was pretty much traumatized for the rest of the day.  You will notice he isn't in any other pics from the day because he crashed upon returning home & slept through the entire party :(

Photobucket

Had to add in some photos at the cake table.  They were all from Marshalls or TJ Maxx - at $5 a piece on clearance they were a steal.  The yellow ones I painted myself :)

Photobucket

My brothers & sisters . . .

Photobucket

The Bonner clan . . .

Photobucket

The Drapalski clan . . .

Photobucket

Me & my hubby, he unfortunately had already escaped from his suit . . .

Photobucket

I couldn't resist putting these next 2 pics in, I set up the water table the other day & Nicholas LOVED it!!!!  So much fun!!!

Photobucket

As you can see, so did Ryan, he decided to go bobbing for ducks :)  Such a ham!!

Photobucket

Oh & guess what I scrapped!!!  It took me a couple days because I can't scrap all night like I used to people :)  But honestly, it felt good to be back there again - in my "space".  And it really felt good to be scrapping just for me, no deadlines involved :)  I have been admiring the Scrapbook Circle kits for awhile now & while their April was a bit funky for my usual taste, I ended up LOVING it :)  The layout I made is a mix of their main kit & add on, however I did add in the green American Crafts thickers (loved em').  The quote was from Pinterest (of course).  Design is based on their April sketch challenge :)

Photobucket

Close-up of the title work.  If you don't have these new Jillibean Soup alphas - they are a MUST!!!  I got them in every color - cute, cute, cute for long title work!!!

Photobucket

Close-up of the journaling, a new resolution of mine - get the words on the paper, right?

Photobucket

Hope all is well out there - enjoy your weekend!!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like yu had a fab day and wonderful layout.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and such fabulous family photos. So glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie, so nice to see you scrapbooking again. The photos from the Baptism are wonderful and Nicholas and Ryan are getting so big and way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout - so wonderful and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really happy to hear that you are doing better. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery. The photos are lovely and I love the decorative table display for Nicholas's baptism. Wonderful LO. Love how colourful it is with the different photo mat colours and yet the photos don't get lost because of the B&W. Stunning effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie--you look great and have some wonderful family photos to scrap. Love the b & w photos of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures and I love your layout! Thanks for playing with Scrapbook Circle! I love how you used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this layout! Love the pics of your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love your journaling on the layout. Makes me tear up a bit as I have a baby boy that adores his big brother too.

    Mommy Sauri~
    http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete