friday . . .

6.11.2010

Photobucket

I have been feeling overwhelmed & just plain exhausted recently so Ryan & I escaped this week . . .

Photobucket

Totally enjoying burying himself in the sand :)

Photobucket

Found this awesome old school amusement park that he LOVES!!!

Photobucket

Had a quick visit from my mom & dad :)

Photobucket

I feel like time is moving so slowly - I had a dream the other night I had a perfectly healthy full-sized baby at 8 weeks - can you tell the waiting is killing me already :) It is just such a long wait and I think with my past experience I just want to get to the end so I know everything is okay. Plus I'll be completely honest, I LOVE children but am not a fan of the whole pregnancy experience in general. Some women are - they love the whole process - I on the other hand would prefer to jump right to week 40 :) We have been at the ocean for 4 days now, busied ourself with the beach, the pool, amusement park rides, the boardwalk, you name it - being pregnant & keeping a 3 1/2 year old happy is tough (especially when the napping days have been done for almost 2 years now). I have tried to blog every day since I have been here - really - but it hasn't happened until now. We are currently in bed, snuggled up, watching Little Bear. Overall it has been a good week, although we had quite the scene last night at a restaurant & I came home after a long day feeling pretty defeated - but I'm sure we all have those days right??? Anyways, I'll be here for one more night & then head home tomorrow. Aside from feeling tired, I am doing good. No nausea, but then I haven't with any of my pregnancies (lucky, I know). Have I been scrapping???? Not much - so tired by the end of the night - which is when I usually scrap. I do have a few assignments I am working on though - looking forward to a wave of energy sometime soon (fingers crossed).

I realized I never shared my My Creative Scrapbook June sketch/layout with you & since I just posted the challenge over in the forum yesterday this is the perfect time to share!!! Pam sent me a gorgeous kit full of My Mind's Eye papers (LOVE!!!!!) and tons of other goodies!!

Photobucket

Here is the June sketch (surprise, surprise - tags!!!) . . .

Photobucket

And my sample using the Main kit . . .

Photobucket

Here is a close-up on the journaling which are really song lyrics - always wanted to use these on a page for Ryan & finally had the perfect pics . . .

Photobucket

Hope all is well with everyone - enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

ttyl - julie

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic page. Love that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that page!!! Holy cow, what a fabulous idea with those tags.
    Yes, we have all had restaurant scenes. Forget about it. Little Bear while snuggled up in bed is THE best therapy. I swear I will still watch that show even when my kids are done with it. Well, the beach is pretty good therapy too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful sketch as always and a perfect sample!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great page --- will definitely be putting that sketch to use!

    Enjoy the calming effect of the ocean and the precious cuddle time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a wonderful LO - love that song too :D

    i don't love being preggo either (i always have so many medical problems) so i can totally relate :D

    i only have 3 1/2 months to go till my LAST baby arrives but it seems as though time is moving backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie!! Wonderful LO and LOVE this sketch!!! Oh I remember those pregnancy days many, many moons ago and I was always happy to just get to the end and have the prize of the baby!! I totally relate. I also remember those days of feeling sooooo tired. It is always great when they leave and the normal energy level returns. My youngest daughter was nicknamed "Baby from Hell", so I understand the whole restaurant scene thing. If anyone was judging you, they probably never had a child! ;) BTW, DD is a very lovely 21 year old woman now!! :) Keep well and rest lots and pamper yourself! I'm sending lots of happy and positive thoughts your way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie, love the layout and the sketch is just such a clever idea.
    So glad you are doing okay, and the time away would have been nice.
    Thinking of you!
    Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page it is very original fantastic

    ReplyDelete