wednesday . . .

6.30.2010

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes - I am still here - totally healthy & finally getting back a bit of my energy - bring on the second trimester (in one week, that is)!!!!! Things are good, we are doing lots of summer traveling & vacations but this should settle down mid-month thank goodness. It has been lots of fun but I am ready to be grounded at home again :) I have spent the past week scrapping it up between Magpie Club, My Creative Scrapbook and my Guest Design spot for Jillibean Soup (check this one out HERE next Tuesday!!!). It felt SO GOOD to be scrapping again :) Tara, from Magpie Club, already put her July kit up for sale & sent out her newsletter so I am able to share my layout & sketch for her - yeah!!!! I must say, I LOVED this kit - it is travel-themed but as you will see from my layout, it is totally versatile & can be used for other themes as well :) I think my favorite thing in the kit is the mix of patterned paper - love it!!!

Photobucket

Here is my sketch for July . . .

Photobucket

And my layout (isn't my little man so grown-up???) . . .

Photobucket

A quick close-up on the journaling . . .

Photobucket

And one more close-up on the title work - LOVE the mix of alphas & die-cuts & stickers in this kit!!!!!

Photobucket

Okay - I'll be back tomorrow to share about some of those new & new-to-me kit clubs I've found recently - I mentioned it last week but have been so busy scrapping I didn't get a chance to post so check back tomorrow!!!

ttyl - julie :)

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear from you!!! I was thinking of you! I am so glad to hear everything is going well!!!! :) I am so glad you are having a good summer!!! I got Tara's email today with your sketch and page... so cute!!! It just amazes me how fast these little boys are growing up! It just makes me sad!! My little Ben has grown up faster than the girls did. So not fair that time goes faster!!! I really miss the baby!!! Take care of yourself... get lots of rest!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing LO and such a wonderful sketch!!! You are the queen of the sketchy world!!! ;) Glad you are feeling well and getting your energy back!! Our children do grow up too fast. it is so unfair! ;) Mine are 22 and turning 21 on Saturday and I feel like I just blinked twice since giving birth!! One day I'll be a granny and the fun will start all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad everyting is going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch, Love the layout & love to hear you are feeling good & healthy... xxx, Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just ADORE your layout!!! Fabulous design and a stellar picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the LO of your little man- & very glad to hear that you are doing well- keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I so love this!!! So glad you're getting some energy back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, I loved your sketch so much I did a layout myself and posted it (along with your sketch and the credit to you of course!!) on my blog.

    ReplyDelete