saturday . . .

6.19.2010

"I keep remembering one of my Guru's teachings about happiness. She says that people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you're fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.
You fight for it
strive for it
insist upon it
and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations for your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. If you don't you will leak away your innate contentment. It's easy enough to pray when you're in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainments." - Elizabeth Gilbert (from Eat, Pray, Love)

I found this on Elizabeth Kartchner's blog while doing a bit of surfing today & I liked it. I have been in a funk recently - don't get me wrong - totally happy that this pregnancy is going healthy - but I have been quite tired, missing scrapbooking as often as I used to, missing being a part of the teams I was on, nervous about being a mommy of two, trying not to allow myself to blow up like a balloon as I did with Ryan by walking 2 1/2 miles every day & attempting (most days) to eat healthy, worrying about some other things I'd rather not share, and the list goes on . . . I'm blaming some of this on simply pregnancy emotions - I can do that right ??? Just this past week I said enough is enough & tried to really work hard on being as positive as possible, not let myself get caught up in the funk, just really work on being happy. So far, pretty good - keep you posted :) Anyways - I am away again - here . . .

Photobucket

Okay - you might think an exotic island - water looks blue doesn't it - this is actually Lake Erie - can you believe it??? We are spending some time at my father-in-law's . . .

Here's Ryan & Granddad . . .

Photobucket

Ryan traveling the beach . . .

Photobucket

Gifts from Grammy Susan & Granddad . . .

Photobucket

Hanging with all the cousins . . .

Photobucket

Oh how I wish I had some scrappy pages to share . . . alas - many in the works - upcoming July work for My Creative Scrapbook & my Guest DT at Jillibean Soup - nothing I can share yet . . . because we've been traveling recently I haven't had time to do any other scrapping - however I have found a few (new to me) kit clubs that I am really enjoying just subscribing to for fun - I'll save that info for a post next week :) I do however have a fun sketch to share that I created for The Scrap Room - I really like this one & definitely want to use it myself. The DT at TSR did an awesome job with it :) Check it out below . . .

Photobucket

They are running a challenge with it on the blog right now - check out all the details HERE!! Have a fabulous rest of your weekend & be back soon!!!

ttyl - julie :)

6 comments:

  1. Julie, I remember being in a funk while being pregnant with my second son. I felt so guilty because it took so long to get pregnant and we finally went the fertility clinic way. Don't beat yourself up, it will get better. Enjoy your vacation. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Julie ~ those hormone changes can really get you all messed up! I'll bet walking helps alot though.
    Your pictures are beautiful, those cousins are just adorable together!
    Your sketch for TSR has been on my desk. I printed it as soon as I saw it because it's so cool and I really want to use it. I guess I'd better get hoppin' on it if I'm going to make the challenge deadline!
    Enjoy your time away, and safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your down time and don't worry about stuff, everything has a way of working itself out (I should actually listen to those words now..LOL) Your body is going through so much right now, so just let yourself chill. My inlaws live on Lake Erie too! There are some parts here where there are sand dunes and you can walk to them and the water is shallow...there are lots of wonderful beach towns on Lake Erie, CA that we visit often....Take care Julie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just rest and relax - you have plenty of time to scrap later on - listen to your body & if you feel like a little moan then you are allowed! Just think of the exciting future and how many cute baby photos you will be able to scrap soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up about 45 min from Lake Erie and don't recall the water ever being that blue!! Fabulous pictures -- Enjoy the time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie- Just thinking how glad I am that I found your blog- I jumped in & bought Ingrid's cd- LOVE IT! thanks for playing bits of it here, I would have missed out on something great- I hope you are taking things easy & resting. We'll be around when you get around to getting back to playing with your papers & sketches again; but until then, take it easy- for both of you! Take Care & God Bless all of you-

    ReplyDelete