wednesday

3.20.2013

Hello everyone!!  I have a new layout up on the Noel Mignon blog to share using her latest kit, Daffodil Hill!!  I couldn't resist scrapping the pic of Ryan, arms stretched out to the sky :)  Although the pic is of him joyous & full of smiles, I took a bit more serious tone with the context of the layout.Recently I've noticed him struggle with how others view him.  I have always admired his carefree attitude, how sure he was of himself.  These days I see that changing a bit, and I am trying my best to show him what is most important is how HE views himself & the choices he makes.

 photo beyou2_zpsa9b2cc3a.jpg

Head over to the blog HERE for close-ups on my title work & journaling :)  Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

5 comments:

  1. A stunning LO and design! Love the journaling on both sides. Such a sweet photo of Ryan. Peer pressure starts young. :( We forget how hard it can be just being a child. I did lunchroom supervision for years when my girls were in elementary. It isn't always easy being a kid. Other kids can be very negative. He will do fine though with such a positive home life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...such a great photo and the design of the layout is GENIUS! I love the stitched on little cityscape at the bottom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout design and that photo is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful page, Jules. I love it. It is hard being a kid and like you said trying to maintain who you are with a world trying to make you be otherwise. I always stress to my kids to be true to themselves. It is hard. I was talking about this with Brit and one of her friends recently and the friend said it isn't easy. My oldest once told me when she was a teen that it was bad advice. It is so hard being a kid. Ryan has great parents and extended family, so I am sure he will do just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is so cute. LOVE your design. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete