monday . . .

8.30.2010

Happy end of the night everyone!!!! I am ready for a new day tomorrow :) It has been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day - you know - one of those days you end up cuddled in bed, watching reality TV & surfing the net at like 9 :) I have so many things I wanted to do tonight (laundry, a bit of cleaning, watch a movie with my hubby, etc.) but I guess there is always tomorrow - right :) Amidst all the recent scrappy projects I have been working on (that I still can't share - soon, soon!!) I spent a few hours last night creating a quick, fun layout. It did take a few hours but that is quick for me :) I actually glued as I went, no rethinking every little thing. It was actually super refreshing to scrap this way. Check it out . . .

Photobucket

I currently am into the "splattered" ink look - just a hint of it - nothing too crazy. If you want to try this - the easiest way to do this is to take the pump top off the bottle of mist & just fling it a bit here & there on your paper. It can make a bit of a mess - so I use a deeper box slightly larger than a 12 x 12 paper to do it in. Fun to play around with - definitely try it out if you haven't yet :) The lacing may look a bit time consuming but it actually went quite quick. I drew an inner square on the background paper and hole punched evenly around the border. To lace I used twine instead of floss - I seemed to have more control with that. I was totally inspired to do this by Nancy Damiano - check here work out here. The patterned papers I used here were from SEI's On The Coast line - I loved the mix of green, blue, orange, and grey - perfect for beach pics. The chipboard that coordinated was awesome - you'll see bits of it here & there :) The 2 large flowers were hand-cut from one of the patterned papers - aren't they gorgeous??? In the end, just loved the crisp look to this & the fact that it only took a couple hours - for me that is a record :) Maybe I am turning over a new leaf :)

On to the winner of those 2 awesome punches!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all those FABULOUS quotes & poems - they will definitely help with am upcoming project I am working on :) I randomly drew comment #7!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

One of my favorite quotes is on my blog:

"Let a joy keep you.
Reach out your hands
--take it when
it runs by."
--Carl Sandburg

Cindy

Cindy, please email your address to dailyscrap@gmail.com & I will send your punches right out to you!!! Thanks so much everyone!!!

ttyl - julie :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout as always! I love the paint splatter look but gone out on a limb and tried it yet -- think I am too Type A to allow for "randomness". LOL.

    Love the leaves hanging at the top, very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner!
    Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love the background paper and photo from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the way you did the stitching around the layout! I'm definitely going to be trying this along with your spatterning technique. Thanks as always for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, Julie ~ love the picture,too.
    Congrats to Cindy!

    ReplyDelete