friday . . .

9.17.2010

I made it . . . through the first full week of being chauffeur extraordinaire :) Ryan had preschool 3 mornings & then one morning he had an art/music class so we were busy, busy, busy running back & forth. He LOVED school & I think we are both happy (although it is hectic) to be back in a regular schedule :) We also have done alot of decorating for fall & Halloween (yes - I know it is a bit early for Halloween but Ryan is sooooooooooooooooo excited). He helped me put together this cute Halloween banner - a pre-made kit - but super cute & easy. This is by K & Company & I got it at Michael's for 5.99 and then 40% off (with coupon).

Photobucket

I am on the search for some good kids crafts for the holiday so if you have any ideas or links to projects please let me know in the comments :) I am going to do some online searching myself so I will post if I find something fun :)

I did do a little surfing tonight & found an awesome & unusual artist via the Midnight Rooster Club site. The artist's name is Sophie Blackall - she is an illustrator & creates this awesome artwork based off real "missed connections" she finds on internet personal sites - how cool is that?? Here are a few of my favorites . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In addition, I found this fabulous musician on the Midnight Rooster site as well - Mindy Gledhill - check her out (be sure to turn off my music in the sidebar) . . .




On to the scrappy :)
I had some fun creating the other night - I thought the idea of a framed layout might be neat so I created this page . . .

Photobucket

It is FULL of beautiful papers & goodies from Fancy Pants new Happy Together line. I must say it is a must have - I didn't realize just how gorgeous it was until I saw it in person - WOW!!! Such a beautiful combo of blues, greens, yellows, and browns. If you look closely I created the "frame" with 4 strips of patterned paper the I punched with a border punch. Then I outlined the border design & glued it down. To create the lacing effect, I simply used a small hole punch to punch holes around the entire border. Then I laced through & tied on the left there right next to the tag.

Photobucket

Behind the series of pics are 2 of Fancy Pants gorgeous glitter die-cuts that coordinate with this line - love the look of them overlapped and peeking out from the pics :)

Photobucket

Finishing up some more guest design team projects tonight & will post them in the next day or two - maybe another STASH CASH giveway as well :) Keep checking back!!!

ttyl - julie :)



12 comments:

  1. Fall projects for kids:
    We have collect chestnuts and use this fun item

    http://www.jako-o.at/shop/Kreativitaet-Werkeln-Kastanien-Bohrer-Nussknacker/product/57616/group/109864/Produktdetail.productdetail.0.html

    to create fun animals in a safe way.

    We will also collect colored leafs. I will draw the faces and DD will "dress" them with clothes made of the leafs.

    Your LO is adorable. It looks so much better on your LO than in the online store. I got to check it out again!

    Have a GREAT weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page! The little title piece is so sweet, it's almost bringing tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. I like the frame & the lacing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you endind the 52 weeks? I just found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are guest designing at Your Scrapbook Stash...one of my favorite places to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That line is so pretty and I love your border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous layout! I would never have known your outer frame wasn't a diecut sheet that you stitched. Glad you pointed out that you made it yourself! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soo cute! I love the photo booth strip and your lacing! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...this is just one adorable page Julie@ Love the framing and the lacing, and you are so right....the color combo is fabulous! Thanks for such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - thanks for posting the Sophia Blackall info! i am TOTALLY off to check her out.

    your page is fabby - i love the stitching and the whole thing just looks so FINISHED and perfect. i had to read the description because i honestly thought it was digi!

    ReplyDelete