monday . . .

9.13.2010

This morning, everything in the Bonner house seemed to align together to produce this . . .

Photobucket

from an early morning wake up of Ryan screaming from his urine-soaked bed to him melting down because his "puppy" & "blankie" were soaked to sleeping with a 3 year old in our bed for 2 hours to waking up with nightmares (me not him - new mommy anxiety dreams) to waking up later than planned to rushing breakfast because I had to leave by 8:30 to be at preschool on time to waiting until 10 minutes before we had to leave to get dressed to realizing I never hit the start button on the dryer last night & the clothes were still soaked (which wouldn't normally be a problem except that I'm pregnant & finding an outfit on the fly just doesn't happen) to Ryan telling me as I brush his teeth that he doesn't want to go to school because the slide on the playground is scary to him melting down (again) because he has lost his Bullseye figure from his Toy Story Lego set & the world has now ended to rushing to get to school to being 10 minutes late - ahhhhh - crazy, crazy, crazy Mondays!!! I always vowed not to be the late mom - better luck tomorrow - right ??? Well I promised some first day pics from Friday - little man was not being the most cooperative . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all the first day went well - Saturday we headed off to the Rennaisance Festival & Ryan had his first experience in face painting . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a little "cousin snuggle time" on Sunday . . .

Photobucket

And of course ended up here - today - in my own little "perfect storm" - by the way - the update on the mattress is that urine does seep through plastic sheeting so if you thought it was actually "leak-proof" like the package says - it's all a lie!!! Any suggestions for keeping the mattress dry in the future would be greatly appreciated :)

One successful thing today (have to always think of a positive right???) is that I figured out how to use photo booth on my mac & upload to youtube - check out my cutie - future costume model extraordinaire . . .



I promise you I did not stage this at all - nor did I teach him the side to side move.

Okay - enough about my crazy life - on to some scrappy!!!

I was totally ecstatic to be asked by Erica over at Your Scrapbook Stash to guest design this month. She runs a fabulous online store with all the latest & greatest. And . . . free shipping over $30 & there is a 20% off your entire order coupon going on right now - check it out HERE. She sent me all sorts of yummy Bella Blvd. goodies from the Hello Beautiful & Midterm line. Here is my first layout I created . . .

Photobucket

The pics are from our trip to the ocean this summer with our very closest friends & their adorable kids :) Ryan loves them dearly & had such an awesome time. I LOVED the strong contrast of colors in this line - so bright & cheerful!!!

Here is a close-up of the butterfly - this is from the Cute Cuts patterned paper & I decided to emboss it with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I sanded it gently to reveal the white core of the paper. A quick easy touch to add some pizzazz to a solid paper :)

Photobucket

Here is a close-up on the title work - these letters are actually hand cut from a journaling block on the Borders & Blocks paper. Loved these!!!!

Photobucket

Oh & there will be a sketch challenge happening later this week with the corresponding sketch to this layout - here is a sneak peek of the sketch . . .

Photobucket

If you are a bit hesitant to work with all these little pics & are wondering sizes that will work together easily on a 12 x 12 page . . . here is another sketch with the pic measurements I used . . .

Photobucket

Make sure to check on their blog later this week for all the details on the challenge!!

Oh & guess what??? Erica was SO SWEET to give me some STASH CASH to give away on my blog this month - today I am giving away $10 in STASH CASH to one lucky commenter - just leave a comment between now & tomorrow night (10pm EST). I will post the winner tomorrow night & you can get spending!!!

ttyl - julie :)

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Julie! Thanks for including the pic sizes, it will make it super easy for me now...off to work on your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch...and my sorry to say I LOL at your crazy day! Makes me smile to know that I'm not alone...because wow have I had a day or two like that before. Thankfully tomorrow is a new day...and you get to start fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and sketch with the photo sizes!
    We've had a few "perfect storm" nights too and they often start with wet beds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the face painting pics. I think all of us moms have "been there". I sneak in & see him sleeping and how peaceful it is at that moment. It always makes me feel better when it's been a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your layouts. And I love to scrap with your sketches. Thanks for all your ideas!

    lg
    elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean lines on the layout!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. keeping bed dry...we use to put a large garbage bag under the sheet..kept the bed dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is always so inspiring Julie! Thanks for sharing all that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, what a morning! I know these very well!!! Sorry no tips about the matress. We just used the one they use in hospitals....

    Love your LO and thanks for including the sizes of the photos. This way I can do a quicky! Not easy during the week....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layout!
    OMG what a start into a new day. Horrible. Lucky me getting out of the house before my two men wake up.;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a morning!! I hope tomorrow goes more smoothly. ;)

    AWESOME layout! I really like the bright colors against the white. The splashes of paint really pop too. Love it!
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your sketch and love your LO! love the b&w photos with the bright colors! wonderful design too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your "perfect storm." I hope next Monday is much better. I always try to keep a waterproof quilted mattress pad on top of the plastic sheet. I don't think it would go through both.

    His face painting is totally cool! I bet he loved it!

    Love your sketch & can't wait to use it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Julie!!! He is so darn cute!!!! Too funny, the video clip!!! It has been so fun to watch him grow in your LO's. :) TFS!!! I have had plenty of days/nights like that... my oldest is 22!! So, like I said PLENTY!!! Starting in all over again with Ben. This too shall pass. I love your page! So fun!! I love the bright colors with the b/w photos. Thanks for sharing the sketch. I am adding it to my file for future use. I have to plan alittle for that one, being I send my pics out for printing. have an awesome rest of the week!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we all have crazy days like that. Good thing they only happen occassionally (I hope). Great sketch and hope to get a chance to use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a crazy morning! I've had (more than) a few of those myself, but I'm glad you managed to post this layout and sketch despite the craziness! Both beautiful, and I'm going to print the sketch out right now - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I feel for you on how your day started. I have a five year old daughter that started kindergarten last Thursday and getting back to a routine is not always easy.

    I have been following your blog for a year now and truely enjoy all of your sketches.

    Thank you for another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here's hoping your day got better .... as for the soak proof sheets, I strategically place a canvas/plasticy crib mat under the matress pad. It has saved me numerous times (if I can find a link to one I will do so). They make them in small burp size as well but clearly the crib size is better.

    Love your layout!! So crisp and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie - I think this is it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4086303

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was quite the morning! I am going to remember to call mine the Perfect Storm- that is so true! I have no idea what to tell you about the "no leak" plastic sheet-ugh! So sorry. Ryan looks so cute on his first day- my Ryan is in his non cooperative stage as well- every picture I get a goofy ham smile! Another lovely LO from you! Nice seeing your frequent postings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We all have those days, don't we? Love your layout and that sketch! Beautiful! About the mattress. We have a plastic cover and a softer (waterproof) mattress cover over it. Haven't had a leak that's gone all the way down to the mattress. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Holy cow!" is what I kept saying to myself as I read of your crazy morning! When it rains, it pours...any mommy knows that! :)

    I also feel your pain on the "no leak" plastic mattress cover. My daughter only seems to wet the bed when she's standing up at the corner of her bed and waiving bye to her daddy in the morning. The top of the mattress stays dry, but the mattress gets SOAKED all the way down the sides of the mattress. Eck! This is why daddy wakes her up every morning before he leaves to make sure she goes potty in the bathroom and NOT on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like the pictures of the kids in life jackets from behind.

    ReplyDelete