thursday . . .

9.09.2010

Tonight we had a date night - we haven't been out (without child) since July - it is funny to think about how often we went out BC (before child) compared to now :) Justin had unexpected dental surgery (again) so it wasn't much of a date night, as he was on pain meds & pretty uncomfortable. In the end we just opted for a movie - we saw Inception which was very good - pretty crazy but good. It was nice to get out and just spend time together . . .

My second assignment for BlueMoon this month was posted on their blog yesterday. Make sure to check out the store because it is FULL of new CHA goodies - and free shipping over $50 :) I played with Crate Paper's new Restoration papers - they are just lovely!!!

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the title - just a word strip from the journaling stickers that I cut apart. I tried to set it off by framing it with this gorgeous chipboard - the corner is a combo of the chipboard, brad, and journaling stickers all from this collection - love to layer!!!

Photobucket

I was having trouble finding the right spot for my journaling amidst all the strips of patterned paper within the design - so I opted to simply type on the photo. A great way to include journaling when you feel you can't find the right "home" on the page itself. Doesn't he look so grown-up???

Photobucket

I will leave you with a song tonight - no real meaning to me except that I like it - I'm pretty sure I have posted it before . . .

(you'll have to turn off my music sidebar to hear it)




ttyl - julie :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Julie! You know I'm a fan ♥ Isn't that Crate so fun to play with? I've been using it lately, too, and am in love. I know what you mean about dates being more sparse than before kids...we really have to work at spending time together with the kids and their needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page as always Julie. ;) I'm glad you got to have some one-on-one time with your hubby. Hopefully he'll feel much better soon!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get me some Crate. Very nice layout Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the date nights!! They have been very few and very far between for YEARS!!!! This is such a beautiful page!! I think you are the queen of layering! He sure has grown up so fast! It is fun, but sad at the same time.. for me anyway!! I really miss the baby!! Though, he is so funny right now! Mine told me the other day that he has a big imagination and big ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say I used one of you sketches.. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/206685/view/2879883/-1/1.html This was so fun to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page! Love that set of Papers - I think I am gonna have to break down & get them. I like your title work & the journaling on the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great LO! I love the fact that you put the journaling on the photo. What a great idea. Ryan has grown so much in the past few months. Is he ready to go to preschool?
    Love the color of the LO, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful layout. I love how you used "soft" products on a boy page. I have to try this! And the sentiment of your page is so spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout Julie. The journaling is just perfect -- what a wonderful way to capture what we all feel as mothers as our children grow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great design as always. I wish I can scrap like you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice paper strips on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This layout is STUNNING. I love all the little details and the colors you worked with. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout. I just love these papers and I love how you've put them together here. Perfect colour combo, lovely choices :-)

    ReplyDelete