thursday (again) . . .

9.09.2010

It feels like fall tonight, cool & crisp, love it . . . my mom & I went walking - still go strong with that - although it is getting harder to stay motivated. The weight gain - well, it is inevitable I suppose - but frustrating nonetheless - such a trivial thing in the scheme of things I know. I gained 70 lbs with Ryan (okay - pick your jaw up off the floor right now) - there was alot of swelling going on - I think I gained like 30 pounds in the last 2 months of that pregnancy - I was on bedrest the last month. Anyways - I stopped exercising at 20 wks with him so I vowed I would push through this time around and try to keep it up through the end. I mean - I eat when I eat - I'm pregnant - but I try to make better choices than I did before - but lets face it - I am not going to eat salads for the next 4 months :) So I am walking - 2 1/2 to 3 miles each day & I am adding a bit more in now that Ryan is starting preschool next week. Right now I have this HUGE (and I am not exaggerating) belly right now - like all the weight has gone right there - which is good I guess that I am not blowing up everywhere but still - I think I look like I could go tomorrow . . . the postal worker asked me if I was having twins today - ughhhhhhh!!! Tonight my mom said maybe there was another one hiding in there - it is possible - thanks mom (I know she reads this so yes mom - I'm calling you out!!!). I will have to take a pic one of these days & show you all just how big this belly is getting :) In the end - I know he (my little man) is growing - so if me growing means he's growing, so be it - right???

Enough babbling about weight gain - on to some scrappy :)

As I mentioned earlier - I was asked to guest design for A Million Memories this month. I have drooled over the work done by their design team time & time again so I was so over-the-top excited to be asked!!! I was sent this gorgeous kit full of Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park, Jenni Bowlin and Sassafrass Lass - isn't it just adorable??

Photobucket

I just completed my first assignment, based on a sketch by Jennifer Findlay (design team member of AMM). I was totally drawn to the large tag in Jenn's sketch & couldn't wait to play with it.

Photobucket

Here is what I came up with using the September AMM kit . . .

Photobucket

A quick close-up on the title work & you can see the stitched circles - love the overlapping of these 2 circles - oh & I LOVE all the splatters of mists :) I am a bit obsessed with working the mists into my pages these days :) It was fun to branch out into the green & yellow since I usually only play with the brown :)

Photobucket

There is some fabulous chipboard & stickers in the kit & I had fun layering them up :)

Photobucket

A challenge using this sketch is being held in the AMM forum as we speak so head on over & check it out!!! I will be sharing more of my work with this kit throughout the month so stay tuned!!!

Enjoy the last few hours of this Thursday evening - off to work on another project & get things ready for Ryan's first day of school tomorrow :) I'll be sure to post pics!!!

Looking for a good song??? Found this group recently & love 'em . . .



ttyl - julie :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great news! Love to see belly pictures soon.
    Your layout is simply adorable. They always look so clean, neat and the little details really make it special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lo! big baby belly is good! big everything else, not so much LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the pregnancy is going well. I really like the cloud on the layout & the bugs going around the stitched circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to see that belly Julie! You just have to show us. ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice title alphas. Like the photos in b & w.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable page! Glad to hear all is well with the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful page! I love the crisp yellow and green and the stitched circles are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this happy layout! The colors are adorable and so are the pics! Would really love to see a belly picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the LO! Wonderful as always.
    Love to see school pics and belly pics!

    ReplyDelete