saturday . . .

9.04.2010

You are all too kind . . . too sweet . . . I rambled on the other day - in the end probably sharing more than I should have - and you all left me with such kind, encouraging words - totally unnecessary but certainly treasured & tucked away in my heart :) Thank you all.

I promised some scrappy so here we go :)

First up - my assignment for BlueMoon Scrapbooking. The design team was sent all kinds of yummy 7 gypsies goodies - a bag full of vintage style goodness!!! I was excited to have the opportunity to play with these products, as I tend to shy away from these types of papers/embellies. It is not that I don't think they are absolutely gorgeous - they are just a bit out of my scrappy comfort zone. No worries though - I had some fun :) Check it out below . . .

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the heart tag . . .

Photobucket

I took the back of one of the 7 Gypsies tags and added some quick pen to outline. Then I painted on some Ranger Distress Crackle Paint. I heat-set/dried this with an embossing heat gun and added some Maya Mist "splatters" :) I let that dry, then punched 4 small hearts from one of the 7 Gypsies ephemera cards & attached them to the tag.

There is another little tag hidden when you look at the page - here is what it looks like . . .

Photobucket

This journaling tag is tucked away in the small Melissa Frances paper bag. It is a quote that I found the week we discovered we were pregnant (most of you have seen this one before) & I didn't want to forget it - so I typed out the words on some 7 Gypsies Conservatory paper & glued it down on the tag. Next week I will have another BlueMoon layout to share featuring Crate Paper Restoration - the papers & embellies are just to die for!!!!

On to some "sketchy" goodness . . .

I have known Cheri O'Neill from Let's Scrap since my early sketch days, way back when I first began putting designs together to create "blueprints" for others :) She runs a fabulous community full of some super friendly scrappers, lots of sketches, & tons of other fun challenges. She asked me if I could create a sketch for her to use with her members in September. Check it out (yes - a 2 pager!!) . . .

Photobucket

Now yes there is a prize involved . . . and it is FABULOUS!!!!! Check out these goodies donated by Jillibean Soup :)

Photobucket

Want to join in the fun??? Register over at Let's Scrap (it's free) and find out all the details HERE!!

Check back in tomorrow & I will have my sketch & layout to share from the My Creative Scrapbook September kit!!!

Have a fabulous Saturday :) ttyl - julie :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! I love the 7 Gypsies elements, the quote and layout. Great to use with the ultrasound photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That LO is gorgeous! I alos tend to shy away from using all of the pretty vintage- thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a faboulous prize pack, I'll have to go check it out. You did a great job with those products, your page looks lovely, as usual. I shy away from those types of products as well. They intimidate me.

    ReplyDelete